Chapter 5 Questions
PLEASE USE USA ENGLISH AND SENTENCES NEED TO. MAKE SINCE AND BE GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT!
Book: BCOM10: Business Communication, Lehman+Dufrene.
Refer to your textbook for answers, unless the question specifically asks for your own experience or interpretation. Using professional sentence structure and grammar, answer the following questions in a detailed paragraph (more than three sentences). Be sure to answer all parts of each question. (Each question is worth 5 points – 3 points for correctness of the answer and 2 points for professional and grammatically correct writing.)
1. What are some legal issues related to use of email in the workplace?
2. Rewrite this email to correct errors with organization, content, style, and formatting.
TO: MS. JANETTE WELLS, MANAGER,
CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER
SUBJECT: GOAL FINALLY ACHIEVED
CC: Mike Larson, Jennifer Largo, Lara Sims
AS YOU KNOW, WE HIRE AN INDEPENDENT CUSTOMER QUALITY ASSURANCE FIRM TO LISTEN TO THE PHONE RECORDINGS OF OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES. OVER THE PAST YEAR THAT FIRM AS REPORTED THAT THE QUALITY AND EFFICIENCY OF OUR REPRESENTATIVES HAS FAILED TO IMPROVE.
HOWEVER, LAST MONTH THE FIRM FINALLY REPORTED THAT YOUR SALES REPRESENTATIVES ACHIEVED OUR ESTABLISHED GOALS. WE COMMEND YOU ON THIS ACHIEVEMENT. THANK YOU FOR ENSURING THAT “THE CUSTOMER IS KING” IS NOT JUST AN EMPTY ADVERTISING SLOGAN.
3. As owner and operator of Sis’s Florist Shop, you close your shop on Sundays. You do, however, accept orders via your home telephone for flowers and plants to be picked up or delivered on Monday or later. Compose a voice mail message to be left on your phone when you close the shop on Saturday evenings informing customers who call in as to how to reach you for ordering.
4. What are some considerations for organizational use of social media to communicate with external audiences?
5. Describe the courteous use of a cell phone. Do you have difficulty observing any of these best practices?
6. Which communication channels are preferred when sending a message that is personal or confidential and why?
Below, write an effective email subject line for each of the following email situations. (Note: You are writing an email subject line only, not an actual email.)
7. A subject line for an email explaining that a customary end-of-year employee bonus will not be possible because of declining sales, with a justification of the decision that doesn’t alarm recipients.
8. A subject line for a follow-up email message to a recruiter you talked with at a career fair on your campus, with a resume attached.
9. A subject line for an email alerting subscribers to your online newsletter of an upcoming webinar you’re hosting on delivering speeches that lead.
10. A subject line for an email encouraging employees to participate in the statewide “Trash Bash.”
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more