Read article then answer questions:
1) How did JP Morgan find itself in this position? Develop a timeline of events from 2011 to the summer of 2012.
2) Consider standard market risk management practices for financial institutions, such as VAR:
a. Why was the risk management not sufficient to prevent such an extraordinary loss?
b. Which risk metric do you consider most appropriate? Should liquidity of an asset be considered as well?
c. Consider risk-weighted assets: should they include net exposure or gross exposure? Should derivatives of all types be regarded as the same type of RWA?
3) Is it appropriate to employ derivatives in a cash management function?
4) How did the bank, its shareholders and the regulators react to the situation? Were these reactions appropriate?
5) Consider the organizational structure and processes at JP Morgan in early 2011:
a. How active should/can risk management be in terms of enforcing limits or breaches?
b. Would it help to change the organizational structure of JP Morgan?
c. If you were to redesign the risk management policy, what would be your top three changes?
6) Describe the lessons you would take away and the steps you would take to prevent a similar occurrence in your company.
Running head: CASE STUDY OF JP MORGAN Case Study of JP MorganName:Institutional Affiliation:Date: 1 CASE STUDY OF JP MORGAN 2 Question #1: How did JP Morgan find itself in this position? Develop…
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more