Factor Company is planning to add a new product to its line. To manufacture this product, the company needs to buy a new machine at a $487,000 cost with an expected four-year life and a $15,000 salvage value. All sales are for cash, and all costs are out-of-pocket, except for depreciation on the new machine. Additional information includes the following. (PV of $1, FV of $1, PVA of $1, and FVA of $1) (Use appropriate factor(s) from the tables provided.)
Expected annual sales of new product$1,890,000 Expected annual costs of new product Direct materials 495,000 Direct labor 670,000 Overhead (excluding straight-line depreciation on new machine) 338,000 Selling and administrative expenses 152,000 Income taxes 32%
1. Compute straight-line depreciation for each year of this new machine’s life.
2. Determine expected net income and net cash flow for each year of this machine’s life.
3. Compute this machine’s payback period, assuming that cash flows occur evenly throughout each year.
4. Compute this machine’s accounting rate of return, assuming that income is earned evenly throughout each year.
5. Compute the net present value for this machine using a discount rate of 6% and assuming that cash flows occur at each year-end. (Hint: Salvage value is a cash inflow at the end of the asset’s life.)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more