1) Suppose that you have a three-year bond which has a 6 percent coupon rate, has a $100 face value, and pays annual coupons. Market yields for this type of bond are 4 percent. What is the modified duration of this bond?
2) Suppose that you have a four-year bond which has a 2 percent coupon rate, has a $100 face value, and pays annual coupons. Market yields for this type of bond are 4 percent. What is the modified duration of this bond?
3)Suppose that you have a debt instrument that pays you $0 in one year, $1,000 in two years, $2,000 in three years, and $4,000 in four years. Market yields for this type of debt instrument are 4 percent. What is the modified duration of this debt instrument?
4) What does duration measure?
5) The shorter a bond’s maturity the longer its duration. T/F
6) Duration increases at a decreasing rate as maturity lengthens. T/F
7) The lower a bond’s coupon, the shorter its duration. T/F
8) A high yield on a bond implies a high duration.
9) Is the duration of a bond a characteristic (in the same way the coupon rate is a characteristic) of a bond?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more