Learning Objectives for Course
1. Conceptually understand the organization of the investment decision process, and distinguish between different types of investment companies,
2. Identify major types of securities, and calculate the return and risk for different financial assets,
3. Systematically understand diversification principles, analyze and evaluate different strategies for building a portfolio,
4. Possess the skills required to manage an investment portfolio under conditions of uncertainty by choosing such strategies that balance performance and risk within the investor’s objectives,
5. Demonstrate a critical awareness of current problems and new insights in the field of Portfolio Analysis, and demonstrate effective oral communication of complex arguments as well as developed listening skills.
Guidelines for assignment
This is an individual assignment
Ground your answer in relevant theory
Plagiarism and reproduction of someone else’s work as your own will be penalized
Make use of references, where appropriate – Use Harvard or APA referencing method.
Late submission are not accepted
Structural elements should include an introduction, main body, and a conclusion
Weight – 85%
Word count guidance: 5000 analytical report
Type of assignment: Extended Business report
Submit one single document and not lots of different files.
4. Design bespoke portfolios for each type investor. Consider investment options and risk adversities.
(a) 20 year old single person, starting employment. Looking to save for the future to purchase a house or car or pay for a wedding. He needs a high interest and a high return to make a quick return for his money.
(b) Couple in their 30’s who wish to save for their retirement. They are working and wish to pay 2% of their salary a month towards something.
(c) Large multinational organization that wants to hedge against foreign currency exposure.
In each of the above, use examples and incorporate what you have learnt from the online Trading Game (BullBearings.co.uk)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more