7901AFE Accounting and Reporting
Semester 2, 2016
DUE DATE: Sunday 9th October 2016
DUE TIME: 23:59
1. Students are required to complete the project individually.
2. Complete the requirements set out below.
3. All answers must use proper English expression and grammar.
4. Word limits are a maximum number of words required.
5. The assignment is marked according to the attached rubric.
6. Assignment Coversheet – In addition to submitting your files for each
assignment you MUST also submit a completed Assignment Coversheet
indicating that you acknowledge all of the statements in the Academic
The assignment is to be submitted via the submission point in /Assessment
WORD LENGTH: 2000 – 2500 words
Using the same company that you were allocated for Assignment 1 obtain the
2013 and 2015 Annual Reports from your company’s website.
A. Consolidated Statement of Financial Position for 2015 only
1. What depreciation method is used for reporting of property, plant &
equipment (PPE)? Does the company disclose assumed useful lives for
depreciation purposes? If so, what are the useful lives of the main categories
2. How is recoverable amount calculated?
3. What were the total PPE additions, disposals and depreciation expense for
4. For each PPE category, what is the gross balance, accumulated depreciation
and carrying amount at year end? What proportion of the gross balance is
the depreciation expense for each category?
5. What categories of intangible assets are reported, and what are their
6. How much is owed on non-current borrowings at year-end? How much is
owed on current borrowings?
7. What were the total financing costs (interest expense) for the period?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more