This pack of BUS 401 Week 3 Quiz Version b shows the solutions to the following problems:
1. A company has preferred stock that can be sold for $21 per share. The preferred stock pays an annual dividend of 3.5% based on a par value of $100. Flotation costs associated with the sale of preferred stock equal $1.25 per share. The company’s marginal tax rate is 35%. Therefore, the cost of preferred stock is: (Points : 1)
2. Zinc, Inc. is considering the acquisition of a new processing line. The processor can be purchased for $4,550,000. It will cost $65,000 to ship and $190,500 to install the processor. A recently completed feasibility study that was performed at a cost of $45,000 indicated that the processor would produce a positive NPV. Studies have shown that employee-training expenses will be $150,000. What is the total investment in the processing line for capital budgeting purposes? (Points : 1)
3. A firm’s cost of capital is influenced by (Points : 1)
4. Jones Company has a target capital structure of 30% debt, 15% preferred stock, and 55% common equity. The company’s after-tax cost of debt is 7%, its cost of preferred stock is 11%, its cost of retained earnings is 15%, and its cost of new common stock is 16%. The company stock has a beta of 1.5 and the company’s marginal tax rate is 35%. What is the company’s weighted average cost of capital if retained earnings are used to fund the common equity portion? (Points : 1)
5. Given the following information on S & G Inc.’s capital structure, compute the company’s weighted average cost of capital.
6. Welltran Corp. can purchase a new machine for $1,875,000 that will provide an annual net cash flow of $650,000 per year for five years. The machine will be sold for $120,000 after taxes at the end of year five. What is the net present value of the machine if the required rate of return is 13.5%. (Points : 1)
7. A new machine can be purchased for $1,200,000. It will cost $35,000 to ship and $15,000 to modify the machine. A $12,000 recently completed feasibility study indicated that the firm can employ an existing factory owned by the firm, which would have otherwise been sold for $180,000. The firm will borrow $750,000 to finance the acquisition. Total interest expense for 5-years is expected to approximate $350,000. What is the investment cost of the machine for capital budgeting purposes? (Points : 1)
8. Kendall, Inc. has $15 million of outstanding bonds with a coupon rate of 10 percent. The yield to maturity on these bonds is 12.5 percent. If the firm’s tax rate is 30 percent, what is relevant cost of debt financing to Kendall, Inc.? (Points : 1)
9. The simulation approach provides us with (Points : 1)
10. Porky Pine Co. is issuing a $1,000 par value bond that pays 8.5% interest annually. Investors are expected to pay $1,100 for the 12-year bond. Porky will pay $50 per bond in flotation costs. What is the after-tax cost of new debt if the firm is in the 35% tax bracket? (Points : 1)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more