Each student will be responsible for preparing a summary and criticizing an academic article that deals with management control systems.
Students MUST select the following study on the Balanced Scorecard. The article is attached called “The Role of Financial Incentives in Balanced Scorecard-Based Performance Evaluations- Correcting Mood Congruency Biases”
Ding, S. and Beaulieu, P. 2011. The Role of Financial Incentives in Balanced Scorecard‐Based Performance Evaluations: Correcting Mood Congruency Biases, Journal of Accounting Research, 49(5), p.1223-1247.
The article assignment is expected to:
• Provide the article’s title, source, and publication date.
• State the article’s major points [10 marks].
• Explain the authors’ motivation for the article [10 marks].
• Specify what major concepts from ADM4345 were discussed by the article [15 marks].
• Comment whether or not the article provided you with additional understanding of these major concepts [10 marks].
• Critically evaluate the application of the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) as a performance evaluation tool, using relevant theories, managerial practices, and/or your personal working experiences [40 marks].
• Critically evaluate some extra studies on the BSC and discuss the implications of these studies on the application of this important MCS tool and their link to the final exam article. Extra studies on the BSC will be posted on Brightspace, but you may find additional articles by yourself through the University of Ottawa’s library [10 marks].
You are not expected to comment on the article’s statistical analyses, if any.
This article assignment should include a cover page and should be presented in size-12 font, 1.5 line spacing, with normal margins, and not more than 2,000 words plus no more than 2 appendices. The assignment is to be professionally written, using appropriate syntax, grammar, vocabulary, and spelling [5 marks]. Your signed Statement of Academic Integrity should be attached.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more