This assignment should take about two typed pages per question using a double-spaced format. Please do not exceed five typewritten pages in total! Include the attached cover page (not part of the 5) that includes the following information:
Please answer the following questions for this assignment:
Question 1: (50 points) The response to this question should not exceed two typewritten, double-spaced pages.
In his article, Lynch discussed several factors that influence the decision to outsource–they include personal productivity, flexibility, labor considerations, specialized services, information technology, global capabilities, and the maturity of the service provider (note–I did not include cost or ROA as part of this question—these two items cannot be used on your list.) Develop a list and rank these items in order of importance to you, from most important to least important.
1. Submit the ranking of that list and
2. Briefly discuss your reasoning for only the top item on your list. Do not discuss all of them–just your top one.
3. Additionally, list one risk that is associated with that item and
4. Clearly explain how you may be able to mitigate that risk.
5. Lastly, how does this approach impact the overall network design?
Please use information from our readings to support your position.
Question 2: (50 points) The response to this question should not exceed two typewritten, double-spaced pages.
Some feel that our ongoing bout with the Covid 19 Pandemic might be viewed as the “Perfect Storm.” Decisions to single source vs. multiple sources, make in the USA or outsource to other countries, etc. not only impacted the demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) can but also can have an impact on the design of a supply chain. Please answer the follow questions:
1. List what you feel was the most interesting operational issue that impacted the PPE supply chain.
2. Explain why?
3. Based upon any of the readings, text in Canvas, etc. you have explored this semester, list how a principle associated with that reading connects to the issue listed in #1 above.
4. Please cite the article, author, and page location.
5. Explain that connection.
1. Gottfredson, M., Puryear, R., & Phillips, S. (2005). Strategic Sourcing from Periphery to Core. Harvard Business School Press. Brighton, MA: Ivey. Reading is included in the course pack via the Harvard Business website.
2. Lynch, C. F. (2004 October). Why Outsource? Supply Chain Management Review, 8(7). (pp. 44-51.)
3. Smock, D.A., Rudzki, R.A., & Rogers, S.C. (2007, May/June). Sourcing Strategy, The Brains Behind the Game. Supply Chain Management Review, 11(4). (pp. 42-48.)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more